cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 5.1 includes presence server software

ozgurguler
Level 1
Level 1

In CM 5.1 configuration, presence server 1.0 software is shown as included. Do i need to order another MCS if i want to install presence server. And what else do i need to use 10-15 unified personal communicator?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jconi
Level 3
Level 3

yes you need a new MCS.

Normally you get the PAK for the Presence Server licence in the software box.

To add 10 Personal Communicator client, you'll need to order 10 CUPC licences. Moreover, you'll need 10 Device Unit Licences to Activate the Presence for the 10 Personal Communicator clients.

Finally, if you want to use Personal Communicator as a Softphone, you'll need 3 Device Licence Unit for each client.

To be clear, for each Personal Communicator client, you need:

1 CUPC Licence

1 DUL for Presence

3 DUL for Softphone (if you use it).

cheers

jp

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jconi
Level 3
Level 3

yes you need a new MCS.

Normally you get the PAK for the Presence Server licence in the software box.

To add 10 Personal Communicator client, you'll need to order 10 CUPC licences. Moreover, you'll need 10 Device Unit Licences to Activate the Presence for the 10 Personal Communicator clients.

Finally, if you want to use Personal Communicator as a Softphone, you'll need 3 Device Licence Unit for each client.

To be clear, for each Personal Communicator client, you need:

1 CUPC Licence

1 DUL for Presence

3 DUL for Softphone (if you use it).

cheers

jp

BrianChernish
Level 1
Level 1

Can you point me to the document(s) that indicates that "presence server 1.0 software is shown as included"? I recently upgraded to CCM 5.1, bought new servers (2 for CM and 1 for Presence) and I was charged for for the Presence Server software.

Thanks,

Brian

There is no document for it. You can find it in dynamic configuration tool.

Hi Brian,

Here is a copy of the mail that I received to announce the promotion:

(4) It's Time to Unwrap Your Presence

Cisco Unified Presence base software is now bundled at $0 on all Cisco Unified Communication Manager 5.1 and 6.0 orders shipped (including Business Edition). As part of a special promotion to help get customers started with Cisco Presence, we are also including 10 Presence User licenses and 10 Cisco Unified Presence Communicator Client licenses. All your customer needs to add is an MCS-7825, MCS-7835, or MCS-7845 to get started.

Software Versions Included:

Cisco Unified Presence 1.0 will be included with Cisco Unified Communications Manager 5.1 orders shipped.

Cisco Unified Presence 6.0 will be included with Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.0 and Cisco Unified CMBE 6.0 orders shipped.

Cisco Unified Presence 6.0 is backward compatible with Communications Manager 5.x, so when Cisco Unified Presence 6.0 becomes available it will replace Presence 1.0. Targeted availability of 6.0 is June 2007.

Cisco Unified Personal Communicator 1.2 will be included as part of the 10 Presence and Client license promotion after customers complete the redemption form.

Promotion Timing:

For Cisco Unified Communications Manager 5.1 orders shipped, Cisco Unified Presence server software, 10 Presence user licenses, and 10 Personal Communicator client licenses will be offered until July 30, 2007.

For Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.0 and Cisco Unified CMBE 6.0 orders shipped, Presence server software will always be bundled for free. The offer for 10 free Presence user licenses and 10 free Personal Communicator client licenses will be valid until January 30, 2008.

rgds

jp

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: