Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 6.1 digit manipulation

xzjleo2005
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to change the access code when user dial out to PSTN, for example, 001-852-1878200 need to be convert to 1591-852-1878200. I set the Called Party Transform Mask to 1591 in translation pattern, but it doesn't work. Did I miss other configurations?

Thanks. Leo

7 Replies 7

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Leo,

You should now have a route pattern(s) that include the 001 access code. You will need to change these to 1591 and make sure that the code is being stripped. Feel free to post your route pattern config if you would like additional help.

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for your reply. Attached is the route pattern and translation pattern configuration. Please advise.

Thanks a lot.

Leo

Leo,

Is this going out through an h.323 or mgcp gateway? If h.323, you may also need to change your dial peer(s) on the gateway.

Brandon

It's a MGCP gateway

Leo

OK. So, you'll need to do digit stripping on CCM and there will not be a dial peer to change on the gateway. You could make your route pattern 91591.! and change Discard Digits to PreDot. This would strip 91591 and send everything else to the PSTN.

Brandon

I think the Prefix digit in the Translation pattern 9.00! should be 9.1591 instead of just 1591. Also in the route pattern 9.1591, set Discard Digits to "Pre-dot" for Called Party Transformation. Everything else remains.

Hi All,

Thanks for your kindly reply. The following translation pattern setting can resolve my question.

Translation pattern: 9001.!

DD: PreDot

Prefix: 91591

Leo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: