Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CM and Unity not using 1st VM port

Our config:<br>CM version 3.08<br>AVCisco TSP 1.0.0.28<br>Unity Enterprise 2.4.6 with Active Fax boards<br><br>Unity is operating and taking voice mail but etc., but our license key provides for 12 voice mail ports which I have configured as follows:<br>Port 1 DN: 1002<br>Port 2 DN: 1003<br> .<br> .<br> .<br>Port 11 DN: 1012<br>Port 12 DN: 57070 (for dial in access)<br><br>I have the pseudo hunt group setup to roll to the next port. Using statusmonitor.exe port 1 (1002) never gets used. I even dial 1002 from a 7960 phone and it always goes to 1003 even though 1002 is not in use. I have checked and port 1 is not disabled and is setup to answer calls, dial MWIs, MMR etc.<br><br><br>In call manager the ports are all configured properly (at least I think).<br><br>What can you suggest that I check so I can get this this port in operation.<br><br><br><br>Thanks,<br><br>Vince<br><br><br>

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: CM and Unity not using 1st VM port

Well, you can at least rule out a Unity port configuration (which doesn't sound like the case regardless) by using the status monitor application to see if we're getting any call events on that port at all.

You'll find StatusMonitor.exe under the techtools directory in CommServer. Pop it open and choose to monitor all the lines. When you call in you should see conversations states moving by on the port window where the call came in. If you're dialing a port directly and you don't see any activity there, the call likely isn't hitting that port on our side of the fence and you need to get some help from a CM expert type person (not me yet) who can help track down why that would be.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

I found what the problem was. About 1 month ago port 1 on Unity got hung up but the other ports were working. I tried to buy some time to fix it, so I went to the Uone ports in call manager and for port 1 I set it to forward all calls to the next port and, er, I forgot about it. Rookie mistake and I wasted your time sorry about that.

Anonymous
N/A

no such thing as a waste of time... it's all valuable stuff for folks reading through and trying to figure out how to troubleshoot a similiar problem they might be having.

glad you got it taken care of.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content