cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM Coverage Path Limitations

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

I am trying to overcome CM's coverage path limitatations. Client currently has a Definity and currently what happens is if a call comes into a receptionist and the phones RNA it comes back to the receptionist. The receptionist then asks the caller if they would like to leave a voicemail. If so she, forwards the call directly into voicmail. I definately cannot do this with CM without nasty side effects. Anyone ran into this yet? Basically...if forwarding station is equal to reception phone, send to call handler of Operator. If not continue normal operation. What would happen is this....Call comes in to receptionist she would forward caller to the desired number, RNA (ring no answer) would go to Unity. The forwarding station would equal the receptionsists extension and go the operator handler which would in turn come back to the receptionist. She would then transfer the caller to *XXXX to go directly to VM if that is what the caller desired. If a someone called the person directly the call would come into Unity and go to their greeting. It may work....it may not....but it sounds fun.

1 Reply 1

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

I tested it seems to work. Anyone from Cisco see any gotchas?

adignan - berbee