Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM Group list contains 5 records

Hi,

Have a curious question.

Call Manager/Communications Manager Group can be populated with up to 3 (three) Call Managers.

While I'm using IP Phone menu 'Settings | Device Configuration | CallManager Configuration',

I can see that the resulting list contains 5 (five) records.

What for there is 5 records, if the maximum CM Group quantity cannot run over 3 records ?

3 Replies 3

csco11063007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I think ,First 3 Point to the Callmangers in the subscribed CCM group ,4 th one point to the tftp server where it will register if these 3 callmanagers are unavailable and last (5th) always point to the srst reference.

HTH

Csco11063007,

Phones do not register with TFTP server!

The first 3 points to your callmanager, the 4th onw will show your srst refrence if its configured, the 5th is not used.

Someone told me that you can have 2 srst reference, I have not confirmed this. So I stick with the theory that the 5th is not used.

Please rate all useful posts

Please check this useful document

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7970g_7971g-ge/english/3_3_3/english/administration/guide/HEADset.html

Check following paragraph in the same document:Device Configuration Menu

The Device Configuration menu provides options for viewing and making a variety of settings that are not network related. Table 4-2 describes these options and, where applicable, explains how to change them.

For information about how to access the Device Configuration menu, see the "Displaying a Configuration Menu" section.