Views
Helpful
Replies

cm trace explaination

chialun
Level 1
Level 1

dear sir,

Plesae let me know how we explain and read the cm trace? where's the line and point that we should concentrate on the cm trace? Please advise. Hereby attached the cm trace.

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

The answer is 'it depends what you are looking for'.

What is the problem you are trying to troubleshoot?

I note from looking at the file that you may have it on the defuault detail level - this is often not the most helpful level, but as I say, it depends what you are trying to find.

Let us know what the problem is.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

the problems is from local call to oversea calls , we can only made the oversea calls up to 7 calls only. Usually we can have up to 30 calls. From the cm trace, how we shoot and troubleshoot?

i would run some debugs on the IOS gateway or dickTracy on the 6608 blade.

it sounds like your PRI is only allowing so many calls simultaneous but there could be a few things causing this.

what type of pri gateway is it? IOS, 6608

how many channels defined for the gateways use?

what is channel selection order?

I would check the CCM trace for the 8th call (the one that begins to fail) to see if you receive a message from the GW, match this trace with the debugs in the GW as gpulos recommended. To track the call in CCM search for either the dialed digits dd=".... or the calling number cn=" then look the tcp handler for the call, each call is marked with this identifier, that way you can use the find put that number and then hit next... next that way you will have only the call. I would recommend you to look also to the SDL traces once you find the error either in the CCM tracer or the debugs to see what the SDL traces show.

Perhaps is better if you open a TAC case with us.

HTH

//Jorge