Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CM upgrade

I am planning to upgrade my CallManager server this weekend. I will be upgrading from CM3.0(7) to 3.1(2c).

I have all of the update patches and software downloaded. How long does the upgrade process take? I would like to give our users fair warning that the phones will not be available during the upgrade process.

Thanks!

Steve Barr

Madison Local School District

3 REPLIES

Re: CM upgrade

The physical upgrade only takes 1-2 hours, but if you review this forum you will find alot of problems encountered with 3.12c....upgrade at your own risk...fyi Callmanager 3.2 is set to be available 12/31/2001....It might pay to wait.....

We upgraded from CallManager 3.0.11 to 3.1.1, a few weeks ago, then to 3.1.2c about 4 weeks later. With two CallManagers in the cluster and just under 300 users and phones in the system it took about a half hour for each CallManager upgrade. Add in the time for backup, BIOS upgrades, and Windows 2000 system patches and it was about three hours start to finish. Be sure to check for newer versions to download before you start. Good luck, 3.1.2c is the most stable version we have had yet. (Of course the "next" version will always be the best!)

Hi Steve,

Before upgrading you have to consider the following:

a)Are there any CDR records? If so it's best to purge them first as these files make the installation longer.

b)If no CDRs, the installation takes about 1/2 hour per server (starting with the publisher first).

BUT!!! first concider these:

c)BIOS upgrade,

d)WIN2K upgrade & relevant patches,

e)SQL v7 Service Pack 3 installation and,

f)last the Service Pack Patch for the CCM 3.1(2c).

Since I don't know about when the 3.2 release will come up, the decision is up to you. Personally I believe that release 3.1 is very good (Only some problems with fax relaying but the load fixes are already posted on Cisco site).

Good luck!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content