cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM3.2.1SPb

amylinit
Level 1
Level 1

The upgrade from 3.2(1) went fine on my publisher server, but is failing on my subscriber. An error message pops up that says

"CallManager not 3.2(1)"

"This patch is for Cisco CallManager 3.2(1) only"

Both of my CallManagers are 3.2(1), they were upgraded at the same time about a month ago. My ccm.exe file is reporting version 3.2.1.0 when I look at it in Windows Explorer.

- Jim

1 Reply 1

amylinit
Level 1
Level 1

It looks like the previous upgrade from 3.12c to 3.2(1) didn't go though as it appeared to. This fix from TAC worked to create a clean upgrade to 3.2(1) then apply SPB:

1) Delete all the files from the folder pointed to by the environment variable

%TEMP%, typically, C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp

2) Delete the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Engine

3) Rerun the install(upgrade).

There have been some problems when customers upgrade CCM. The is a bug that is causing this problem

CSCdu63167

CM install fails due to IntegratedInstall/InstallShield issues

Description: It turns out that when an application is installed to the MCS server that uses a newer version of the InstallShield, some files are put in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield engine directory. When the IntegratedInstall setup.exe is executed by the install wrapper, InstallShield sees that a newer version of the program is already installed in that location so it leaves it there. When this happens the upgrade will not complete and IntegratedInstall will not complete. The processes will have to be killed manually.

The workaround are the steps described above

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: