Views
Helpful
Replies

CM5 Bug !?? Problem with Services if SCCP phone MAC address is mixed case

shahedvoicerite
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If I register a phone with MAC Address SEPXXXXxxxXXXX, the phone work just fine.

However, the jsp page _top.jsp I believe, cannot find the device in the database, because of a case mis-match.

If I change the case of the SEP111a3c... to SEP111A3C, in the device page then it works fine.

What a pain to debug !!

The following is an Ethereal trace

GET /ccmcip/getservicesmenu.jsp?locale=English_United_States&name=SEP11111A3C1100 HTTP/1.1

Host: 10.1.6.10:8080

Connection: close

User-Agent: Allegro-Software-WebClient/4.20

Accept: x-CiscoIPPhone/*, text/*,image/png,*/*

Accept-Language: en

Accept-Charset: utf-8,ASCII;q=0.8

x-CiscoIPPhoneModelName: Cisco Communicator

x-CiscoIPPhoneSDKVersion: 4.1.1

x-CiscoIPPhoneDisplay: 298,168,24,C

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=5628199433EA6BC290C9F1524B31344C; Path=/ccmcip

Content-Type: text/html;charset=UTF-8

Content-Length: 33

Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 21:44:12 GMT

Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1

Connection: close

An Error occurred and was logged.

1 Reply 1

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Welcome to Linux and case sensitivity :)

I've been pulling my hair and wasted hours on a simple task that should've taken a couple minutes the first time I tried to take changes on my Windows based development system to a linux based box. Since then I started making sure I always use correct case when working with databases.. the SQL syntax may not be case sensitive, but *nix based DB force you to write table and colum names respecting their original case.

So unless Cisco adds case conversion to their pages, it is crucial that you always respect the case.

As a sidenote.. why add devices manually anyway? Autoregistration saves you quite a bit of pain that way, and if you use AXL's addDevice command you can make sure you always use uppercase for all devices you're adding.

Have you opened a case on this issue? I'm curious to hear what Cisco has to say on it. Converting names to uppercase might be a prudent thing to do that was forgotten in the move to Linux (mixing cases should be no problem on the Windows based callmanagers because SQL Server doesn't care about the case)