cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM5 support the third party SIP phone?

king-1195
Level 1
Level 1

Does CCM5 support the third party SIP phone? what manufacturer? all manufacturer?

Does IP phone support the third party SIP server? what manufacturer? all manufacturer?

4 Replies 4

ananddiwakar
Level 1
Level 1

Yes. CCM 5.0 supports third party SIP phones which are RFC 3261 compliant. Of course you need to purchase licenses for using these phones. Also there may be some limitations with the features you get on third party phones.

Cisco SIP phones are also RFC 3261 compliant and will work with statndard SIP servers

thanks for ananddiwakar.

I agree your the first answer: CCM5.0 support the third party IP phone, but be some limitations with the features.

But for cisco sip phone supporting standard SIP server, I'm confused that because the cisco SIP phone need download Firmware from SIP server, and for the third party SIP server, is the mechanism of downloading the Firmware from the third party SIP server right?

Yes Kannis,

You can use any TFTP server to host firmware files for cisco SIP phones. In your DHCP server just give the IP of this TFTP server

I know your meaning. but now the third party SIP server replace the CCM5. The firmware files is provided from cisco cm5, how to I get the firmware files now ? Can the third party SIP server provide his firmware files appropriate to CISCO ip phone?