Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 3.3 7960 Calls on multiples lines not ringing

level3tech
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all again,

I have a 7960 with 6 PSTN lines on differnt buttons. When a call comes in on any line the phone rings normally. When a second call comes in on any of the others lines while the receptionist is still on the line all you get is a little message at the bottom "Call From xyz Number". The phone does not actually ring. Is there any way to get all of the lines ring whether the receptionist is on the phone or not?

Thanks for your help!

4 Replies 4

kdotten36
Level 3
Level 3

You have to edit the "Ring Setting (Phone Active)" setting on the line configuration.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Use the Button command under ephone config, depending on what you want the phone to do you use different seperators, check this doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00804ad863.html#wp2267036

Associates a button number and line characteristics with an extension (ephone-dn). Maximum number of buttons is determined by phone type.

–: (colon)—Normal ring. Incoming calls, single pulse for internal calls and double pulse for external calls. Visible cues are a flashing ((< icon in the phone display and a flashing red light on the handset.

–b—Beep is allowed. Audible ring is suppressed for incoming calls, but call-waiting beeps are allowed. Visible cues are the same as for a normal ring.

–f—Feature ring. Triple-pulse cadence differentiates incoming calls on one line from incoming calls on other lines on the phone.

–m—Monitor mode for a shared line. Visible line status indicates in-use or not. Line cannot be used on this phone to make or receive calls.

–o—Overlay line. Multiple ephone-dns share a single button, up to a maximum of ten on a button. The dn-tag argument can contain up to ten dn-tags, separated by commas.

–s—Silent ring. Audible ring and call-waiting beep are suppressed for incoming calls. Visible cues are the same as for a normal ring.

Chris

webberr
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever receive a solution to this problem?

From what I can see it appears that with CME 3.3 you can use the "call-waiting ring" command to force the phone to ring, even in a call-waiting situation.

I've got the same problem and I'm wondering if this will fix it.

Thanks - Rob.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: