Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 3.3 7960 Multiple Lines and Call Park Notification

level3tech
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have a 7960 w/2 7914 side cars. Buttons 2-7 are set up for incoming PSTN lines which the receptionist then handles. How can I get parked lines to give visual and audio notification? If she 3 lines parked she is losing track of what is parked where. Lets say when she parks a call that comes in on line 1, it will pop a little message on the screen parked at 300, but when she goes back on hook it disappears. Is there ANY way to give notification for several parked calls?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

Cisco Attendent console will work with this.

The Call Details pane displays the lines on the Cisco IP Phone that are controlled by the Cisco CallManager Attendant Console. The number of lines configured by your system administrator for your Cisco IP Phone determines the number of available lines in the window. For example, if you have a Cisco IP Phone Model 7960 with two attachments of the Cisco IP Phone Expansion Module 7914, a total of 34 lines can display if your system administrator associated a directory number with each line.

The Call Details pane displays the lines on the Cisco IP Phone that are controlled by the Cisco CallManager Attendant Console. The number of lines configured by your system administrator for your Cisco IP Phone determines the number of available lines in the window. For example, if you have a Cisco IP Phone Model 7960 with two attachments of the Cisco IP Phone Expansion Module 7914, a total of 34 lines can display if your system administrator associated a directory number with each line.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps555/products_user_guide_chapter09186a008011b2bf.html

Thanks ebreniz, but i am running CME not callmanager. I wish cisco would put more buttons on there phones and not force you to use an app.

darren.mann
Level 1
Level 1

This may help you. You should be able to list the Park #'s on the 7914 as Line Button Appearances and when a call is parked you will be able to see that you have a call parked on that line. You will see an x on that line when a call is parked.

! Park # 4372

ephone-dn 19

number 4372

park-slot timeout 10 limit 2 recall

label Park 4372

! ephone

! park on line button 5 referencing ephone-dn 19

username xxxx password xxxxx

mac-address x.x.x

paging-dn 1

type 7960

button 1:3 5:19