Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 3.3 and Translation Rules Config?

jmujica
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I already have a CME site up and running using a T1 E&M-WINK to access the PSTN. All the DNs are in the range of 1400-1499. There are H323 connections to other sites (i.e. not running cme at the moment) around 30 sites with legacy PBX connected to cisco routers.

In order to reach the CME site people from other sites dial [Access-Code]14 (i.e. 14 is the site number). When that call hits the cme router I need to ring the pilot number for the site that is configured to ring on all IP Phones at the moment. I tried creating a dial-peer voip with destination-pattern of 14 and in it I configured a translation rule to convert the digits to the pilot number.. But when I did that.. all communication between IP Phones at the CME site is broken because they can't dial each other... because of the overlapping destination-patter..

Any other way to make this work?

Thanks in advanced,

-Jose

6 Replies 6

dlcharville
Level 4
Level 4

Can you create a dial peer and a outgoing translation rule on the remote routers. Change the number before it hits the CME.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios123/123cgcr/vvfax_c/int_c/dpeer_c/dp_confg.htm

Dan

That would be a good way to do it.. however there are more than 30 sites... and the client don't want to go to every router and do the changes.. this is the first cme site they are implementing.. and they would like the behavior to be the same without changing configs on the other sites... so somehow I need to do the translation on the cme ...

-Jose

OK, good point. I am confused on what is being done with the number. Are the people at the remote site trying to reach a certain person at the CME site, or a group of extensions. What is this pilot number and what is it used for?

Help me understand the call flow.

Dan

Ok let me explain better..

There are 30 sites with legacy pbx at the moment that are connected to voip gateways in order to do toll-by-pass calls. People on all sites dial a code and then the number of the site... When the calls reach the final destination the legacy pbx ring an specific extension.

Now one of the sites has a CME VoIP Router that replaced their legacy pbx. I know that all other sites now can dial the extensions directly but because all users are not notified yet.. all other sites will still be calling with the code+ [store-number].. when the [store-number] gets to the CME router I need to convert that number to a valid Directory Number and/or a Hunt-Group, etc..

Any ideas?

This is theoretical and I would need to lab it up tomorrow. What about creating a dial peer on the CME with incoming called-number 14 and translate it there.

Here is a website that might help.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010fed1.shtml

Dan

I think I got it to work. Try this config on the CME:

!

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /814/ /1499/

!

voice translation-profile Test

translate called 1

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots

translation-profile incoming Test

incoming called-number 814

direct-inward-dial

!

Let me know how it works.

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: