cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 3.3 ata-186 SCCP codec selection

Chris Bennetts
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using a ata-186 with SCCP across a WAN link. I have the LBRCodec set to 3 so that G729 can be used. My problem is that I cannot find any way to stop G711 from being selected first. There appears to be no documentation on forcing an ephone to use a specific codec, so I may have to change over to SIP, which I didn't want to do yet (just to keep things simple).

does anyone have a solution I could use?

thanks

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What's the ATA connecting to over the WAN?

Can you not try forcing the codec selection by configuring settings at the other end (i.e. on the dial-peer or through the CM config)?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

The ATA is connecting to a 2801 running CME 3.3 as it is running a SCCP image it does not a dial-peer configuration. It simply has 2 ephone's.

Still no way to Use g729 with a CME ephone and SCCP.

You can do it with a SIP phone/image and CME 3.4

no way to configure the codec on the cme skinny clients. you can make g729 calls [only one port can g729, default port 1] if you configure the as h323 gateway with a h323 image on this.

make an image change on the ata to h323 and configure a dial-peer to in direction of ata.

greetings

mehmet