Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

CME 3.4 7910G Button Template

The ephone-template command does not give me the options I need to create a template for the 7910G phone. Can someone tell me how I can change the button mappings for the 6 buttons on a 7910G in CME 3.4?

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: CME 3.4 7910G Button Template

Can you give us more detail on what exactly are you trying to accomplish? ephone-template command is for configuring softkeys. To configure buttons you use the button command under the ephone itself. Also do you mean a 7960G not a 7910G? 7910 is a single line phone.

Steve

Community Member

The 7910G is a dual line version of the 7910 phone (supported in CME 3.2 and higher), although it does not have the traditional buttons (see documentation for details). The buttons I am referring to are the buttons to the right middle of the phone and labeled:

msgs, conf, forward, speed 1, speed 2, and redial

According to the documentation, those 6 buttons, although pre-lableled, can be programmed via a template. The documentation even states that an additional mylar label is included so you can re-label the buttons (which it is). I want to change the speed dial buttons so they are call park and call pickup instead of speed 1 and speed 2 so I can park calls and pick up parked calls from the 7910G. I can park a call using the transfer button from the 7910G, but I cannot pick up a parked call. If there is another way to do that, I am open to suggestion.

Silver

Ok now I understand the question better. In CallManager this is done utilizing a phone button template but I don't see a way to do that in CME. As a test maybe you could try using the button command under the e-phone itself. Again this is just a suggestion to try. Maybe someone else can help you with a solution. As a reference see the CM config from this site.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a00800945d7.shtml

Good luck

Steve

Community Member

Unfortunately, they are not DN type buttons. They are more like the softkeys at the bottom of the display on a 7912, 7940, or 7960. That being the case, the button command will not work...unless there's some 'magic' I am not aware of:-)

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content