Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CME 3.4 CUE 2.2.1 Customer Support Line

Hi, I am trying to configure a Customer Support line and I ran into a few issues. Is this even possible?

Background:

One is they want a dedicated line for the Customer Support line, but if someone calls our main number they should be able to get to the support line as well.

2) Hunt group for the support team.

a. When a call comes into the support team it should ring either all

support phones simultaneously (preferred) or ring the phones in

succession after @ 3 rings.

b. Ability for boss to answer calls.

What im trying to do:

For the direct number for customer support I was going to have a few lines going into FXO ports and create a seperate PLAR OPX and possibly another dial peer if necessary.

If a call comes in on the main line instead of the Support Line I was going to modify the AA script to allow someone to enter a digit to get passed off to the support hunt group, if after hours I was going to have a after hours AA script with an option to press a key to be passed off to an external paging company via PSTN.

The Support hunt group I was going to create would have a GDM as a primary for MWI, and their extension as a secondary line, for the boss I was going to have the Support hunt as a second line but with a silent ring.

When the call comes from the FXO for the support line directly though can I pass it off directly to the extension or do I need another AA script for the support line directly?

Any help, thoughts, or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

5 REPLIES

Re: CME 3.4 CUE 2.2.1 Customer Support Line

1. You can route main line to a CUE script TCL AA script that provides an option to reach the Customer support line. The customer support line can also be reached directly by another DID. So you require two DID's one for main line and one for CS line.

2. The CS line DID can be the pilot number of a BACD (basic ACD) on CME. This contains a set of Prompts and TCL scripts (downloadable from CCO). Take a look at various options available as far as Hunt groups and BACD here.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_feature_guide_book09186a008053b494.html

If the main line is an AA script or CUE script, you would need another script for the CS line, if you want to play IVR prompts, have decision trees to decide what to do based on user input.

HTH

PS: Please remember to rate helpful posts!

I was looking at the B-ACD and on the download pages it said that only the CME Basic ACD files - were Compatible CME Version:3.3, 3.2.3, 3.2.2, 3.2.1. I am running 3.4, so do I need to do a downgrade on the IOS and CME version to 3.3? Since it is a live system I am trying to keep from downgrading.

cme-b-acd-2.1.0.0.tar

Thanks,

Chris

Chris,

I see your point, but there are some new features like voice-hunt group that works with BACD according to this link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008052dd86.html#wp1211316

The only diff between 3.3 and 3.4 is SIP feature set.

So I am sure it should work!

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

I opened up a TAC case to get the developers input on the issue as well. The TCl based scripts use the routers processor, memory, flash, and prompts cannot be recorded from the AVT, and the scripts are attached to the dial peer opposed to the pilot number in CUE. Cisco recommends in a few books that TCL-based AA's and CUE should not be used in conjunction, and TCL was intended as a router only solution. Now I am not trying to knock TCL's and the B-ACD or anything I am just looking for the easiest way to implement this. I reviewed the B-ACD installation and it seems pretty straight forward. If you were to try and build a TCL script for dial by name you would probably need to insert users and extensions into the TCL opposed to CUE handling that function. I am not using DID's only analog lines on a FXO card with hunting on the lines.

Is it possible to use the CUE AA, but still get the functionality of the TCL scripts IE call blasting, ephone-hunt, and the Queueing?

Thanks,

Chris

Cisco Employee

You can definitely use B-ACD (for the call routing/queuing capability) and CUE. That was formally adopted in CUE 2.2 but it works in earlier versions as well (2.2 was the officially tested release for those interactions).

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content