Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Super Bronze

CME 3.4 Impressions...

Hi All

Just noticed today that CME 3.4 has been sneaked out... The documentation still has 'cisco confidential' and text diagram placeholders in it even though it's freely downloadable from univercd...

Anyone looked at it?

It seems all it adds is basic (limited) functionality for SIP phones in place of SCCP, and nothing new for SCCP... is this what everyone else sees?

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
4 REPLIES

Re: CME 3.4 Impressions...

Aaron, you are right. This version is all about SIP features. I dont see anything new for SCCP. I did an install a week back and was using 3.3, and this week 3.4 is out. Seems like this one came out along with 12.4.4T train.

PS: Guess what, Cisco trying to outrun Asterisk based systems ?

I was under the impression that we can now run the g729r2 codec under dial-peers or ephone even under SCCP, which is long, long overdue with CME. Also I read broadcast/Blast hunt groups are now supported with SIP but don't know if SCCP has this yet the documentation is TERRIBLE (thus far)

Unfortunately my CCME 1760 does not have enough flash/DRAM to run the IOS required to check if this is true..

Can you post a link or the information you found about the codec selection for SCCP?

Also, the parrallel hunt group appears to be seperate to the ephone hunt groups and only seems to be for SIP.

Sorry but it looks as though the Codec still cannot be changed with SCCP, the command reference mentions the 'codec' but it doesn't work for SCCP I'm afraid, maybe 3.5?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content