Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CME 4.0: moh volume control???

Callers are complaining that moh is too loud. Anyone know how to adjust the volume of moh on a CME 4.0 system??

I found a few posts on this in regards to CCM but no definitive answer for CME.

Thanks in advance,

Tony Cekada

tcekada@syseng.com

15 REPLIES

Re: CME 4.0: moh volume control???

I could be wrong, I think you may have to re-record the files at a lower volume.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

you can use the music-threshold command to adjust the level.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_command_reference_chapter09186a00800b350d.html

The default is -38 dB. If you make it -35 dB it will be louder. If you make it -41 it will be softer.

HTH,

Chris

Chris,

Does this work on MOH wave files ? It looks like this will only work on live audio feeds.

Tony, forgot to ask you if this is a live feed or wave file...

I am using the default the music-on-hold.au file that comes CME.

Tony

Chris,

Thanks for responding. I went into the voice port and changed the value to -50dB, made a call and put it on hold. The volume of the moh did not seem to go down?? Eventhough the change (-50dB) seemed to register when I did a sh voice port 0/1/0:23. Do you have to do a shut, no shut to activate it??

Tony

Hall of Fame Super Silver

I thought it applied to the .wav as well, honestly I never had the need to use it.

I would definitely try to shut and no shut the voice-port. Let use know the outcome.

Chris

What is the procedure to re-record the files at a lower volume??

Tony

I will be interested to find out too how to re-record the files at a lower volume

What I ended up doing to install another moh file --BeStillMyLove.ULAW.wav which was at a much lower volume.

I will be interested to find out too how to re-record the files at a lower volume

Cisco Employee

You would need to copy the MOH file from the router flash to a local PC & modify the file in one of the many audio programs, one example is Cool Edit Pro, then upload the file again. Or use sound recorder in windows to create a new file for upload. Keep in mind you will need to use the correct codec!

Mike

Also, if you have CCM available to you. You can take change the Voice Streaming System Parameter to a lower DB value, and drop the wave file into the Audio Translator "Drop Here" folder. Then you can TFTP that new recorded file back to the router flash. It works for me in a pinch, and doesn't require any PC software.

Use Audacity Audio Editor - it's FREE!

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content