Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

CME 4.0 Unable to use Outlook Dialer/TSP

Trying to setup CME TSP on PC to be able to dial from Outlook contacts. I am able to install the software and go through the setup guide. I enter my username and password and the system finds me and my extensions.

When I go into Outlook and try to dial a phone number it gives me this error message: "Another program is using the selected telephony device. Try again after the other program is finished."

Under Dialing Options and Connect using line, I selected the "Cisco CME Telephone Service Provider"

I have tried getting this to work on several PCs in several different CME situations.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dan

6 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: CME 4.0 Unable to use Outlook Dialer/TSP

What version of CME are you running? I don't have a solution to this, but have had the same problem myself. It seems to have broken in CME 4.0 (under IOS 12.4(6)T from memory) - it worked fine in CME 3.4.

Upgrading to a newer version of TSP didn't make a difference.

Due to lack of time and since it's a low priority, I haven't done any real troubleshooting on this. If I find time in the next week I'll try to get it working and post more info.

Community Member

I have the same problem but not all the time. Sometimes it dials but most of the time not. Reloading of the router doesn't help.

12.4(9)T / CME 4.0(0)

Microsoft Outlook 2003

Cisco CME Telephone Service Provider 2.0.102.606

I appreciate greatly any help/suggestion.

Alex

Community Member

Alex,

After trying to fight with this for a week, I ended up opening up a TAC case. TAC informed me there are problems with the new version of CME TSP.

Go to the individual CME files to download the updated version, which I think is something like 2.1.0.8

Dan

Community Member

Dan,

I have the same problem with the updated (2.1.0.8) TSP. Sometimes it works sometimes it gives the mentioned error message.

Anyway thank you for your reply.

Community Member

I've solved this problem. While going through the Cisco Unified CME TSP Setup Wizard on "User Preferences" page select "Connect to IP Phone on Windows startup" instead of "Connect to IP Phone on application start (recomended)".

Truly speaking after the solution has been found I discover the same advice in "Cisco CME TSP Installation and Setup Guide.pdf".

Community Member

Are you know to resolve this problem working with CM 4.1.3 and TSP 4.1?

I really needs it...

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content