Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CME and features

Hello Folks,

I am selling the CME to a customer who has a sophisticated Toshiba phone system. I did the demonstration and the customer loved it. The only constraint is that he is looking for an option that I am not sure that we can provide with CME. Here's what he wants:

User A is in an active call, another call for user A comes in and the receptionist answers the phone and announce to the user A who is calling him. The important part is right here. This conversation happens only btw the receptionist and the user A and none of the other 2 parties on the phone (one with the user A and one with the receptioniste) are not hearing this conversation.

Can we provide this option or something similar with CME. I know there's a similar option with Intercom call but don't know how it works. Could you please help?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: CME and features

CME has the intercom barge option and it is easy to configure. You create two ephone-dn's as intercoms and assign it to the phones.

Check this link, there is an example on how to configure intercom with barge

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/its/cme33/cme33sa/cme33prd.htm#wp2178100

But when using barge it would force the existing caller to go on-hold. This may not meet your customer's requirement completely.

From your post, sounds like with Toshiba, it would send the voice stream of the new call overlapped with the current call and hence the User A can hear both stream. That might make it difficult for the user to deciper the message from two voice streams. Is that the case? Please clarfiy.

Regards,

Anup

5 REPLIES
Silver

This would work by default. What would happen is when the receptionist gets the second call, she would hit the transfer button and dial user A. At this point, the second caller is put on hold and would either hear MOH or tone on hold.

Lets assume User A has a dual line. He would see the second call coming in and would need to put the current caller on hold to answer the second call and will then talk to the receptionist.

The conversation would be between User A and receptionist in this case. The other two users will be hearing MOH or tone.

I hope I got your question right. If not, please let me know.

Regards,

Anup

Anup, you're the MAN!!!

I am pretty sure that what he wants but let me confirm it with him tomorrow and will let you know.

Thanks,

Anup,

Unfortunately this is not what they want. When the sencond call comes in for the User A the receptionist has to announce the user A that a call comming in while the user A is on a active call. At this point both ends (the one who is currently talking to user A and the one who is with the receptionist) do not hear anything. This is what the Toshiba phone system offers.

Somebody was talking about the Intercom with Barg option but I don't know how to do it. Do you have any idea how we can offer this obtion.

Thanks,

Silver

CME has the intercom barge option and it is easy to configure. You create two ephone-dn's as intercoms and assign it to the phones.

Check this link, there is an example on how to configure intercom with barge

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/its/cme33/cme33sa/cme33prd.htm#wp2178100

But when using barge it would force the existing caller to go on-hold. This may not meet your customer's requirement completely.

From your post, sounds like with Toshiba, it would send the voice stream of the new call overlapped with the current call and hence the User A can hear both stream. That might make it difficult for the user to deciper the message from two voice streams. Is that the case? Please clarfiy.

Regards,

Anup

I believe your last paragraph is what he means. I have a little experience administering an NEC phone system that would allow what you say:

Bossman is on a call.

Receptionist takes urgent call for Bossman. Receptionist then dials Bossman's extension, which is of course busy, but adds a *65 or some such code, at which point Bossman hears small beep followed by recetionist's voice, OVERLAPING Bossman's existing caller.

Exisiting caller cannot hear receptionist, nor can receptionist hear existing caller OR Bossman.

I'm quite a newb on my CME though, so have no idea how this might work on an IP phone system...

-Michael

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content