Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CME and strict-match

Does somebody knows what the option "strict-match" at the of the CME Command "ip source-address" does?

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: CME and strict-match

if a router has multiple interfaces, by default CME allows a phone to register irrespective of which interface the initial request for registration came on.

If you use the strict match command, it will not allow any phones to register unless they have an ip address in the same subnet as that fast ethernet interface and also the request for registration has to come on that particular interface,

Hi Ashok

I also think that, but I had a lab with a CME and a remote IP Communicator. The Ip communicator is able to register even is this command is used.

Regards

Alex

Cisco Employee

Hey Alex, from CCO:

strict-match :Instructs the router to reject IP phone registration attempts if the IP server address used by the phone does not exactly match the source address.

So, it appears that registration will be denied only in the following situation:

router has 1.1.1.1 as fastEthernet 0/0 which is being used as strict match.

It also has another interface, 2.2.2.2 on serial1/1

IP phone requests for registration. However, the request is sent to 2.2.2.2, not 1.1.1.1. With strict match this should fail.

In essense, my statement in the previous post is only half right.

Hi Ashok

But,how an Ip Phone should register to another interface diferent than the command ip source address ?. This ip address is in the XML file that Ip Phones download and is the only one that Ip Phone knows.

Alex

Cisco Employee

well, you can input another interface as the TFTP address in the phone at:

settings -> 3 -> 8. the strict match will then not let the phone register

Views
Helpful
Replies