cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME (CallManager Express) inbound calls

cboland
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CME router with several internal phones, with extension numbers starting at 1000. I have a regular FXO port in the CME router. How would I go about routing inbound calls to a specific internal DN? (For example DN 1000?). The CME router is just connected to a single phone line now, and will be moved to a two line rotary in the future.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

renwick530
Level 1
Level 1

you could us the number expansion command. Say the phone number for your incoming line is 555-1234 and you want that to go to extention (dn) 1000

cme(config)#num-exp 5551234 1000

That should work for you; in my case the telco only sends me the last 4 digits of a phone number so I only use num-exp 1234 1000

Hope this helps

patsbc
Level 1
Level 1

The suggestion supplied above will only work with DID or PRI/T1 circuits. You will need to either configure connection plar opx to an attendant or operator, or configure IOS auto-attendant to route incoming calls on an FXO port.

See the CME reference guide for more information:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801f1135.html

Hope this helps.

Pat

Pat I just tried to goto your CME website and it is down would it be possible for you to zip it up and email it to me. I neep to access some items on it to finish up a CME config.

Thanks

Blake

Pat I just tried to goto your CME website and it is down would it be possible for you to zip it up and email it to me. I neep to access some items on it to finish up a CME config.

Thanks

Blake

Pat,

The AA is definately something that I will be playing with later on, but I will just be using an addendant for now. Would you be able to comment on how this configuration would change if I wanted to have the CCME router try a second extension if the first one was busy? Example: First extension 1000 was busy, so try extension 1002?

Thanks.