cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME (CallManager Express) inbound calls

cboland
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CME router with several internal phones, with extension numbers starting at 1000. I have a regular FXO port in the CME router. How would I go about routing inbound calls to a specific internal DN? (For example DN 1000?). The CME router is just connected to a single phone line now, and will be moved to a two line rotary in the future.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

renwick530
Level 1
Level 1

you could us the number expansion command. Say the phone number for your incoming line is 555-1234 and you want that to go to extention (dn) 1000

cme(config)#num-exp 5551234 1000

That should work for you; in my case the telco only sends me the last 4 digits of a phone number so I only use num-exp 1234 1000

Hope this helps

patsbc
Level 1
Level 1

The suggestion supplied above will only work with DID or PRI/T1 circuits. You will need to either configure connection plar opx to an attendant or operator, or configure IOS auto-attendant to route incoming calls on an FXO port.

See the CME reference guide for more information:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801f1135.html

Hope this helps.

Pat

Pat I just tried to goto your CME website and it is down would it be possible for you to zip it up and email it to me. I neep to access some items on it to finish up a CME config.

Thanks

Blake

Pat I just tried to goto your CME website and it is down would it be possible for you to zip it up and email it to me. I neep to access some items on it to finish up a CME config.

Thanks

Blake

Pat,

The AA is definately something that I will be playing with later on, but I will just be using an addendant for now. Would you be able to comment on how this configuration would change if I wanted to have the CCME router try a second extension if the first one was busy? Example: First extension 1000 was busy, so try extension 1002?

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: