cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME cannot call outside with 9T

cgregg
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone help. I have a 2610XM with CME and a 1760V configured as my gateway. Calls orginating from outside (PSTN) are reaching my IP phones ok, but calls orginating from the inside to the PSTN are not making it thru and I am getting messages from my phone provider like; you must first dial a 1 or 0 before the area code (which still doesn't work).

But when I change my destination-pattern from 9T to .T I can call outside just fine.

here is my CME dial-peer

dial-peer voice 10 voip

destination-pattern 9T

session target ipv4:10.200.1.2

codec g711ulaw

no vad

Thanks in advance.

Here is my dial-peer on my

4 Replies 4

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

to make PSTN calls, I reckon you need a pots dial-peer to your voice-port...

dial-peer voice 11 pots

destination-pattern 9T

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0:15

This is my corrisponding pots dial-peer on my 1760 for my 2610 CME dial-peer voip

1760V

dial-peer voice 1000 pots

destination-pattern .T

port 0/0

forward-digits 11

I can provide more both full configs if needed.

Thanks

hi,

try forward-digits all on the cme,

and destination pattern 9T on the 1760..

(why forward-digits 11 ???)

(to remove the foward-digits, I think you have to remove the dial-peer and recreate it)...

hope this helps

Are your users dialing 9 to get an outside line?

Is the phone company looking for you to dial a 9 to dial ouy.

If not that is why you get the message when you dial out.

In the above dial peer your are forwarding all digits including the 9 so if you dialed 94085551212 you are sending them all 11 digits.

if you change it to just 9T and remove the forward digits command, it will forward all digits but the 9 as soon as it hits the timeout.

***note the usage of the 9T string and the fact that it drops the 9 only works for a POTS dial peer.

On a voip dial peer it will forward the 9.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: