Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CME/CUE backup/restore utility

Does anyone know if there is any Utility for scheduled CME/CUE backup/restore?

Although I know that on CUE, we can do manually backup/restore via commands on CUE system

Thanks,

JJ

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: CME/CUE backup/restore utility

Hi,

There are some good third party management tools out there. If it is a large amount of CME's you are managing look at Prognosis products. Not 100% sure if they do the backup and restores of both at the moment though.

If it is just a couple of sites, then you can do scheduled backups to an FTP server for the CUE module.

For the router, a really simple (and cheap) but great product is Kiwi Cat Tools. - www.kiwisyslog.com

It will basically just log in and grab the config. You can schedule commands, and you can also get notified of config changes and stuff too.

That will handle backups, I would be restoring manually typically but I guess it depends on your requirements. Again you could do scheduled jobs in cat tools if you needed.

Cheers,

Tim

Cisco Employee

Re: CME/CUE backup/restore utility

Incidentally, the next major CUE version (3.0.1), I believe, will include a built-in scheduled backup utility. Won't be available until next spring, though.

Views
Helpful
Replies