cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME CUE Dial By Extension

bschear
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for a working Cisco Unity Express dial by extension script. I tried duplicating the script in the Cisco Unity Express Installation and Configuration Guide but it didn't seem to function.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If it's an AIM-CUE, then for sure you should upgrade to 2.1.2. If it's an NM-CUE it's still recommended but not nearly as urgent (although there are some nice features, such as those used in this sample script, which are good to have in 2.1.2).

Looking at the debugs, we get the 2 you dial, then it calls the dialbyextension.aef subflow. It gets an error trying to play the prompt "S1_EnterExt.wav", which I guess is now on the Get Digit String step. We don't get any message at that point that there was any digit sent to CUE. Maybe something with the fact that it got that prompt error, but it seems unlikely. It also then tries to play the 'S1_SystemProblems.wav' prompt, which doesn't exist, and then it terminates the call.

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The script that comes on the script editor CD, aa_sample1.aef, uses this. If you want to do this from scratch and have trouble, you could post your script (or send it to ask-cue-editor@external.cisco.com) along with a description of what exactly it's doing (or not doing).

Thanks for the advice. I have attached the scripts in question. The logic I want is a menu to press 1 for dial by name and 2 for dial by extension. This is included in the Main-DialbyName Script and is basically a script I downloaded and just added the second option to dial by extension. If I just include the code to dial by name it works but as soon as I add the option for dial by extension the script no longer works. Also what script editor CD are you referring to? I just downloaded the script editor. Is there another location I can download the sample script you are referring to from?

Thank you.

Hi, I saw someone answered your question on the scripting alias. Did that take care of it?

No it isn't completely taken care of. I received this reply.

In dialbyextension.aef, the variable "spelledprompt" is initialized to

P[..]. That is incorrect. Double click on it and remove the "Value".

After that, go Implicit Confirmation step, right click on it, go to

Properties, and select "spelledprompt" in the Prompt field.

That helped so I now get the menu instead of the system experiencing problems error. After making the changes you indicated when I select option 2 I receive the message "Are You Still There?"

Are you using CME or CallManager with your CUE? If it's CME, are you sure you have:

dtmf-relay sip-notify

configured on the dial-peer which you're using with this script. Put another way, are you sure it's getting any digits (does it work if you press 1 to dial-by-name)? Also, in the dialbyextension.aef, you're playing a prompt called 'extension' (on the Prompt tab). You might want to put P[] in there.

Just to take a step back for a sec, what exactly do you need your script to do?

It is CME. Yes the dial peer has what you asked.

dial-peer voice 810 voip

destination-pattern 810

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:172.16.99.1

dtmf-relay sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

no vad

It does work if you press 1 to dial by name. The Dial by Name functionality works. When you try pressing 2 you get an "Are you still there" message.

I tried adding P[].

As to what I need the script to do. I need it to play a menu saying press 1 to dial by name or 2 to dial by extension. Since pressing 1 works I will just say for pressing 2 it needs to give the option to enter an extension, the user enters the extension and they then are forwarded to that extension. If there is an easier way to do that I am open to suggestions.

Ok, I've got two ways to go here:

(1) Troubleshoot your existing scripts. In that case, go ahead an log into the CUE CLI and do the following:

- type "clear trace"

- perform a test call which fails

- type "show trace buffer long". This will take a bit to finish, just wait for it to stop. You might want to log this to a text file using your terminal program or else just copy/paste everything to a test file. If you need to try again, just do another 'clear trace', which clears out the memory buffer so there's not a ton of stuff from previous calls

(2) If you're using CUE 2.1.1 or later, you can use the attached script to do what you want. It does have a bunch of other options, so you've got to promise to read the README file. By default it'll sound exactly like the default auto attendant, but like I said, it's got a bunch of other stuff. You can basically tell it what key options map to dial by extension or dial by name, etc.

The CUE version I have is 2.01. Should I update the Unity express, I remember that being fun in the CME class I took earlier this year.

I have attached the trace file.

i

If it's an AIM-CUE, then for sure you should upgrade to 2.1.2. If it's an NM-CUE it's still recommended but not nearly as urgent (although there are some nice features, such as those used in this sample script, which are good to have in 2.1.2).

Looking at the debugs, we get the 2 you dial, then it calls the dialbyextension.aef subflow. It gets an error trying to play the prompt "S1_EnterExt.wav", which I guess is now on the Get Digit String step. We don't get any message at that point that there was any digit sent to CUE. Maybe something with the fact that it got that prompt error, but it seems unlikely. It also then tries to play the 'S1_SystemProblems.wav' prompt, which doesn't exist, and then it terminates the call.

Yes it is an AIM CUE. That is strange for it to try to play prompts that are parameters in my script and that I changed the value of during the setup of that AA. Maybe I should try loading those not as parameters and see what it does.

What makes you say I should for sure do the upgrade with it being an AIM-CUE?

I deleted the script once again, reloaded it and loaded the specific files for prompts instead of changing them during load time as parameters and the script then functioned correctly. Looks like that version of CUE (2.01) just really has problems with load time parameter changes on that script. I was able to successfully change parameters during load time on other scripts so hadn't thought of that as a possible issue until you mentioned what the debugs were saying it was trying to play. Do you have a reference that helps you read those debugs or do you just search for things like .wav and .aef files in the debug to get a general idea of the flow?

There is a defect, CSCeh55158, which is you will likely hit eventually. First of all, make sure you've got the 1 GB AIM-CUE (if not open up a TAC case to have it swapped for that issue mentioned above).

The only thing we've got right now on troubleshooting the debugs is the following:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_tech_note09186a008041d950.shtml#ts

If you scan through that file, you'll see where it hits some exceptions trying to play those files and it's pretty obvious what's missing.

That does look like an annoying defect that I wouldn't want to run into. I will have to setup a time after hours to update that system.

It is a 1 GB AIM-CUE so does this issue not effect it with the 1 GB module or does it just take longer to occur with a 1 GB module since there is more space?

Thank you for all your help.