cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME ephone change mac-address

a.crippa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, how can change the mac-address in ephone? My problem is that, I can not change a mac-address in ephone because CME say that the ephone had also mac-address associated.

Thanks

A.

17 Replies 17

stomasko
Level 4
Level 4

Did you use the no mac-address command first then enter the new mac address as a seperate command?

Hope that helps.

Steve

Do not connect the new phone set to the CME before you had modified the mac-address of the ephone-dn.

Otherwise, you will have the error as you modify the mac-address in the system.

I've had this problem before - if you can put up with a reboot it's better to modify your config using a text editor then tftp it to routers startup-config and reboot - it seems to be pretty flaky when modifying MAC addresses 'live' if the phones have registered, even if you remove the MAC from the ephone.

I hit this when needing to swap phones/models and keep same extension numbers.

Yes my problem is this, I have to do the same (modify start-confg, put it with tftp and then reboot) to change the mac address associated to a ephone.

But is not possible to reboot the CME everytime that I change phone/model in my network! There are not a command to clear the list of phone registered (which you see with "sh ephone"), that it seem clear only when reboot?

thank

A.

I feel your pain, but have tried unsuccessfully to find a fix.

CME 3.4? ;) As with so many CME problems... we'll have to wait.

Hello Peter ,

You can Only configure a New Mac Address when you first remove the Old One. This can be done by using the following command :

Router(conf)#no ephone mac-address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

This will remove the undesired Mac Address , Then you can add again the New One.

Regards

M.Tag

Hi Mohamed,

I tried and the command was invalid in my uc 520 series.

Regards,

Denny

dway.hall
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry, you also have to

router(config)#ephone  17

no mac-address 3037.a616.6280  = wrong

no mac-address 3037.A616.6280 = correct

then you can enter a new mac address.

you have to make sure all letters are capitalized.

Say if you have 2 phones on your network and one is broken , and you move one from one desk to the other you will need to do the following.

ephone 17

mac -address 1111.1111.1111

ephone18

mac-address ( the one from ephone 17)

This is how I fixed the issue.

Hi Dway,

I already tried like what you said, all letters are capitalized. But still, the problem still happen. It said that

ephone slot is already registered with 70d4.ab74.0000.

Cannot change MAC address.

I  already tried many ways to remove/replace the old mac-addresses with  the new one. But it always said like the notification above. Do you have  another way to solve this problem ?

Regards,

Denny

ephone xxx

reset

mac

Hi Paolo,

Thanks for responding my question. I've already done that too, but the result still the same. When I executed the 'reset' command, it says

Jun 10 08:01:40.647:%IPPHONE-6-UNREGISTER_NORMAL: eogibe-7:AN270D4AB740000 IP:10.1.10.2 Socket:19 DeviceType:Phone has unregistered normally.

Jun 10 08:01:41.655:%IPPHONE-6REGISTER_NEW: ephone-7:AN270D4AB740000 IP:10.1.10.2 Socket:1 DeviceType:Phone has registered.

reseting 70D4.AB74.0000

Besides that, I also already deleted the mac-address via CME, but when I added a new one, it only detected the previous mac-addresses (no other else).

Regards,

Denny

Just execute the two commands in short sequence.

Note if you are trying to connect FXS ports in SCCP mode, you should not fight MAc, just leave as they are.

Hi Paolo,

I connect them to the FXO ports.

Gracias, esto me sirvió también para eliminar un ephone xx y reasignar un nuevo numero de ephone xx.