Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

CME, FXO, IVR and ATA/FAXING

Hi,

I have a CME Router with a 2 Port FXO. The Branch will be limited to the 2 lines. I want to enable fax detection so when a fax is detected it is forwarded to an internal extension which will be an ATA with a physical fax. The IVR is working fine. Unsure where to go from here, I an unable to get the mta/mmoip working but unsure if this is relevant to what I want to happen.

Thanks

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
4 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: CME, FXO, IVR and ATA/FAXING

I am not understanding the setup, you have two POTS analog lines coming into the FXO. One line is for the fax and the other is for voice calls.

If this is the case, then you assign an extension to the ATA through CME. Then which ever FXO port the fax line is coming in on, then do a connection plar opx {ATA extension}.

When a call comes into the fax line on the FXO port, it will ring the ATAs extension that is connected to the fax machine.

Do note that ATAs only support up to 14.4 fax speed.

Dan

Bronze

The 2 PSTN lines are setup as a rotary at the exchange so if any are busy it jumps to the next line. I have setup fax detection also(http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps6441/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008053b518.html) but all I can find is that it uses MTA/EMAIL but what I really want is if a fax is detected is to goto an extension where a physcial fax is (attached to an ATA). If a fax is not detected it will goto a voice extension.

OK, now we are on the same page. Well from what I am reading, it won't work without a little bit of custom work.

The default protocol that fax detection uses, is T.37 which is store-and-forward and is used for fax emails. You want T.38 which is fax relay. Fax relay should work, but some custom work needs to be done with the TCL scripts.

From the documenation (Restrictions section):

Cisco's fax detection TCL-IVR scripts only support T.37 store-and-forward fax. However, T.38 fax relay can be supported through custom TCL-IVR scripts.

I could be wrong.

Dan

Views
Helpful
Replies