Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

CME HUNTING

Hey,

i have a cme system with 2T1. We have 2 operators, NO AA. we want to assign 20 numbers between them. i have a connection plar to the t1 going to a hunt group. hunting works fine but only hunts to 10 numbers. i have MAX- redirects set to 20.

My question is, can it only do hunting to these 10 numbers?. i say that you can have 2-10 numbers in a hunt, so i was thinking of setting up another hunt with the remaining 10 numbers. did it but doesnt work. is a redirect to one extension considered 2? and is the max redirect of 20 for the entire system or on a per hunt group basis?

4 REPLIES

Re: CME HUNTING

Max-redirects should be for the entire system per call as you key this in globally under telephony-service.

I am trying to understand why you need 20 numbers on the inside, when calls coming in are on one number from the outside.

Bronze

ok,

we have a T1 with 20 lines on the trunk right now. i have one logical voice port with a plar number to the hunt group. my operator extension is 4000 but she has to handle approx 10 calls coming in , some may be simultaneous. therefore, i associated 10 DN in the hunt group that is related to the operator extension. therefore, if 10 calls comes in from the T1 it will all go to that hunt group and search through, so on hte operator console, she would be seeing 10 incoming numbers. basically, if i did put a plar 4000 which was the operator extension then by defualt she would only be able to receive two calls from the PSTN (dual). therfore, the third incoming call, would get a busy, since both lines would be engaged.

is that correct, or am i complicating things?

Can you paste a sh ephone-hunt summary

What kind of hunt group is this ?

a. longest idle

b. sequential

c. peer

a and c supports hop counts. Do you have any hop counts set under the hunt group ?

Sankar.

Bronze

sequential and hop count is not specified

ephone-hunt 1 sequential pilot 555

list 4000, 4950, 4901, 4902, 4903, 4904, 4905, 4906, 4907, 4908, 4909, 4910

timeout 8

Views
Helpful
Replies