Views
Helpful
Replies

CME: on outbound call - extension-number is not displayed at called party

geand
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community,

I´m running a Cisco 2811 with Callmanager Express 3.4 and VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE.

On outbound calls at the called Party in PSTN has only displayed the Main Telephone-Number and not the calling partys Directory-Number.

e.g. the Main Number is 95443 and the DN is 10. There should be displayed at the called party site the number 9544310.

The strange thing is that in Debug ISDN q931 I see : cisco-ani=9544310

Call Info(Calling Number=9544310 (TON=Unknown, NPI=Unknown, Screening=Not Scre

ened, Presentation=Allowed)

Normally the whole number should be displayed to the called party number.

This is not a problem of the ISDN-Access of the Provider because setting up a call with the "old" PBX we were using before the whole number is displayed.

Thanks a lot for any idea

Geri

6 Replies 6

tbuffington
Level 1
Level 1

I would check with the Provider to see if they are supporting Caller ID on the BRI circuits. Most times if the circuit is not setup for caller ID the phone number associated with the circuit is what the PSTN sees.

I hope this helps.

I don´t think that´s a problem with the provider. Because when I connect a traditional PBX of e.g. Siemens to the BRIs, it works as it should.

Greetings,

Gerald

msolak
Level 4
Level 4

Geri,

is this a euro-isdn connectivity?

I think if you send your complete number to PSTN you have to go with "National TON" (if your provider has configured CLIP no screening).

Can you send only the last 2 digits to provider?

You can do this with outgoing voice translation profiles.

greetings

Mehmet

hello Mehmet,

thanks for your response.

yes this is an euro-isdn connectivity.

setting the plan to isdn and the type to national did not solve the problem.

sending only the last two digits didn´t either.

Thanx,

Geri

Hi,

On CME how did you set the plan to ISDN and type to National on your PRI? I'm trying to do that on my system.

On my PRI I am sending a Calling Party Number (as seen via "debug isdn q931" but the receiving phone it shows "unknown number".

Thanks - Rob.

Hi Rob,

I´m using a BRI not PRI but anyway this shouldn´t matter.

example:

interface BRI 0/0

isdn map address 123435.* plan isdn type national

123435 is the your own main telephone-number and * the wildcard for any following DN.

saludos

Geri

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: