Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CME Redundancy

Hi,

I have a CME in LAN. Now I got a new CME and I am going to shift some phones to New CME. Now all phones are configured to register with CME1 through DHCP. Can I configure the IP Phone to register with CME2 if that phone's confguration is not available in CME1.

2 REPLIES

Re: CME Redundancy

It sounds like you're trying to use both CME routers at the same time, with some phones hitting one and some phones hitting the other? If so, I think you're going to have to do something like create two different voice VLANs, one for each group of phones.

The two different DHCP scopes would each have themselves as the primary for option 150, and the other as secondary. Make sure you can route between VLANs. The CME config should pretty much be the same otherwise, with information for all phones on each router. I'm thinking this will allow you to split the load while providing redundancy. Now I've never tried this, so I would test it first. I could be way off =)

If you're just looking for redundancy, you could add the backup CME's IP address to your option 150 command on your primary DHCP router. Then configure HSRP between the two devices so they share the CME ip source-address. Same VLAN, but only one active CME router at a time.

Re: CME Redundancy

Thanks for the replay.

I am looking or a solution where I do not want to configure two voice VLANs. How about using GLBP instead of HSRP. So I will hav only one Voice VLAN and CME IP Address and will be able to achive load balancing and redundancy.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content