cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME Ring Tones

pvarenholt
Level 5
Level 5

Is it possible to locate the .raw files for CME in a seperate directiry?

I have them in a seperate dir and in the tftp-server statement i reference them in the directory properly however, when looking on the phone it says ringlist not found.

Is it required to locate them in the root of the flash for this to work properly or is there a workaround?

Thanks,

Paul.

5 Replies 5

a001b20043809
Level 1
Level 1

Paul,

Did you see the following?

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_example09186a00805caf30.shtml

I think that the RingList and your ringtones must be in the root of the flash directory. It's your ringlist in another directory?

Vitor

no - had to put them all in root of flash but wanted to keep all in seperate directory.

Does not appear that you can but would make for much more organized flash and directory structure.

Thanks,

Paul.

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Paul it is possible to store that. All you need to do is in the tftp-server command, map that directory to the default path of (flash:).

tftp-server flash:test.raw alias Ringtones/test.raw

Where Ringtones is the name of the folder in flash.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Tried it and have TAC case open.

I'm being told it cannot be done and that files must be in root of flash.

Have you done this before?

I have tried this for a 7970 bg image, but the request from the phone comes in as /Desktops/320x212x12/List.xml, so the alias may be used to map the url in the request to flash:. I dont think the same would work in your case, as the request from the phone is looking for the ringlist file in flash, rather than in a sub folder.

Sorry again to point you in the wrong direction!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: