Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

cme secondary dial tone

Hi

I set up a customer with a cme 3.0 system utilizing fxo ports for outbound calls. Users dial a 9 to place a call so I added the secondary dial-tone 9 statement to the router. When users dial a number the display on the phone says To 9 immediately and doesn't display the rest of their dialed digits and also makes the called numbers directory useless.

I removed the secondary dialtone command and changed the dial-peer destination pattern to 9.T and that makes the calls display properly but that causes me to run into interdigit timeout issues.

Am I missing something or is this the expected behavior when using the secondary dial-tone command?

1 REPLY

Re: cme secondary dial tone

That is the expected behavior with your dial-peer and interdigit timeout configuration. I would recommend using 9.T but setting the CME interdigit timer a bit higher, say 4-5 seconds. You can do that by:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 9.T

port 1/0

dial-peer voice 2 pots

destination-pattern 9.T

port 1/1

telephony-service

timeouts interdigit 5

secondary-dialtone 9

Make sure you set it in CME and not on the ports themselves, they won't work. To recap with 9.T: the 9 matches your outside line, the . matches any digits up to T which is the interdigit timeout value (5 seconds). If the interdigit timeout is too long, you can always put a # after you dial to break the timeout .. but that is usually not acceptable for most users.

At home I use a configuration which lets me dial any NANP number without dialing a 9.. mine looks like this:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern T

port 1/0

forward-digits all

This works pretty good and I can still dial local extensions as well. Hope this helps some.

Pat

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content