Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CME short cut dialling

My customer has a requirement for shortcut dialling on CME. I have to accommodate about 40 codes which all start with * eg, a user wishes to key *231 to dial 00123456789. Is it possible to replicate this functionality in CME at all ?

TIA,

Paul.

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: CME short cut dialling

I don't think this functionality is supported in CME. The ones given in this document are the features supported:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/ip_ph/ip_ks/its30/itsug/itsvapnd.htm

Thanks for the reply.

TAC say that the local directory does not work in CME (12.2(15)ZJ3).

My workaround was to configure separate dial-peers for each short code and to include the * in the destination pattern.

Eg.

destination-pattern *201

prefix-digits 01145678922

Not pretty, but it works.

One thing to watch for here. If you use the "caller-id block code" feaure where you enter a code beginning * eg *11 then the system will no longer match any calls beginning with * to your dial-peers.

Another thing I've noticed is when you do on-hook dialling from a 7940/7960 the * is not recognised. On a 7905/7912 it is ?

Phil

Not sure why TAC would tell you that the local directory does not work in ZJ3. I am assuming you are using a 7940 or 7960 when I say this. Ofcourse we may have a bug in the code. I am not sure if the local directory can support * however, but I will have it checked out. Can you confirm that the local directory is not working for you on a 7940 or 7960?

Thank Sarat

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content