cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME short cut dialling

pcobley
Level 1
Level 1

My customer has a requirement for shortcut dialling on CME. I have to accommodate about 40 codes which all start with * eg, a user wishes to key *231 to dial 00123456789. Is it possible to replicate this functionality in CME at all ?

TIA,

Paul.

4 Replies 4

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

I don't think this functionality is supported in CME. The ones given in this document are the features supported:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/ip_ph/ip_ks/its30/itsug/itsvapnd.htm

Thanks for the reply.

TAC say that the local directory does not work in CME (12.2(15)ZJ3).

My workaround was to configure separate dial-peers for each short code and to include the * in the destination pattern.

Eg.

destination-pattern *201

prefix-digits 01145678922

Not pretty, but it works.

One thing to watch for here. If you use the "caller-id block code" feaure where you enter a code beginning * eg *11 then the system will no longer match any calls beginning with * to your dial-peers.

Another thing I've noticed is when you do on-hook dialling from a 7940/7960 the * is not recognised. On a 7905/7912 it is ?

Phil

Not sure why TAC would tell you that the local directory does not work in ZJ3. I am assuming you are using a 7940 or 7960 when I say this. Ofcourse we may have a bug in the code. I am not sure if the local directory can support * however, but I will have it checked out. Can you confirm that the local directory is not working for you on a 7940 or 7960?

Thank Sarat