Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CME some inernational calls getting reorder tone

Customer is running IOS 12.4(4)T with CME 3.4 (Config attached). When I dial an international call, 011442072935000, note there is a total of 15 digits, I get a reorder tone (fast busy). But when I dial the international number 0114312020770, note only 13 digits, it goes through. I was able to dial numbers in Austria and the Netherlands, but not the UK. I spoke with BellSouth and they said that when I call a number in the UK, that the router is sending them type as International, but when I call numbers in the the other countries, the router is sending type unknown.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I don't have anything in the router that is trying to translate the dialed digits. I cannot figure out how the router is sending type International, and only on the UK (15 digit) calls.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: CME some inernational calls getting reorder tone

Hi, Can you please try this:

conf t

int s0/0/0:23

isdn map address ^01144* plan unknown type unknown

Or

isdn map address ^901144* plan unknown type unknown

You can also use voice translation rules for better granularity. You already have a translation profile that you can use.

If you want to determine why exactly the 01144 number fails, but the other one succeeds, we will have to get some debugs. essentially, debug cdapi all and debug isdn q931

Thanks for the work-around option. I will implement that and test it as soon as possible. However, any idea why it seems to be limited to the 01144 number only? Seems odd that the router would choose to send the type as international for that number only, with a type of unknown for the others. Is it possible that it has something to do with the number of digits? I think I will try a simple test and substitute 43 for 44 with 10 digits following and see if I get the same reorder tone.

Cisco Employee

Hmm. Not sure why the router is sending different ISDN parameters for different numbers. I think it is related to the number of digits (i do not think it is the 44 that is the problem). Further, I would consider that a defect.

Let us know if the workaround helps you.

Regards,

The work around did fix the problem. I too would consider that a bug. I am not sure if anyone else has been affected by the fault, but I would certainly be interested to know why a phone number over a certain length would result in that kind of isdn message. I can't understand why something like that would be in the code (with carriers being as difficult as they are). If I can get the client to allow me to get the information, what debugs would provide insight into the problem?

Thanks again!

Cisco Employee

debug isdn q931 det

debug isdn q931 error

debug voice cdapi all

should give some insight.

Views
Helpful
Replies