Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CME Translate Incoming Call

I am having a little trouble with translation rules on Call Manager Express 3.3, and I can't seem to find any good examples.

When a call comes in on an FXO port with a caller id of "111-111-1111", I would like to send call to extension "1000".

I know I need to translate the called number to "1000", but how do I only translate calls with the above caller id while letting all other calls come in normally.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: CME Translate Incoming Call

I have tried to do this using COR..But have never been successful. I am not sure if there is any method. In IOS, we do not check the caller ID while routing a call..

Cisco Employee

Can you use answer-address 1111111111 to localize the call under a pots dial-peer and then, use a incoming voice translation applied only on that dial peer? I think that should work.

I'm thinking that you could match the inbound leg on "answer-address 1111111111" and translate the called number there. I think translated called number will then match an outbound peer.

I think the tricky part is to make sure that you don't accidentally match any inbound peers with "incoming called" configured.

See the following for DP matching rules. I've found this link useful.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010fed1.shtml#topic3

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content