Views
Helpful
Replies

CME voice quality issue

malberttoo
Level 1
Level 1

Gurus,

About every 3 months, I experience an issue where over a period of 24 hours or so, the voice quality of calls on the CME becomes more and more scratchy and distorted. It finally gets the the point that words become illegible. In all cases, a simple reboot of the router is all that is required to resolve the problem, but it always comes back.

I was wondering if anyone has any insight to this issue?

Thanks,

Michael

3 Replies 3

bauzenne
Level 1
Level 1

Michael,

QUESTIONS:

1. When the voice quality issues are observed, are the calls from IP phone to IP phone, or, from IP phone to PSTN?

2. If connected to the PSTN, what type of connection do you have, PRI or FXO?

Hi, and thanks for your reply.

The calls are those that go from CME to PSTN and vice-versa.

Our connection to the telco is PRI T1.

Thanks,

-Michael

The first thing to do is check the physical layer of the T1. A 'sh controller t1 x/y' should reveal any errors or slips. A reload would clear those stats, so you may not currently have any errors, but I would check the interface anytime you hear static / crackling. If the T1 checks out fine, then your next step is the DSPs. Instead of reloading the router, I would advise to reset just the DSPs to see if the DSPs are the problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: