Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CME

Hi All;

I am using CME. I configured Busy Lamp button by "m" on the receptionist phone. How receptionist would be able to figure out if someone leaves the office on her phone (expansion module) in order to not to transfer caller to someone who is not at the office? for example someone press DND button on his phone and busy lamp lights up on the receptionist phone.

thanks

Alex

3 REPLIES

Re: CME

Alex,

I dont think unless your line is busy/hold etc , the receptionist wont be able to see status of the other persons line. So I am almost sure you wont be able to show a status on the monitor line, if the user sets the phone to DND.

There is a attendant console software (ArcConsole- third party). You can buy this software through Cisco. This software may (or may not) support this feature to show line status if the user pushes the DND button.

Sankar

I have exactly the same problem ... I would see this as a fairly reasonable requirement .... I'll let you know if we come up withj anything ...

There's no solution to this problem that I am aware of but a work around would be have the user forward thier phone to VM when they step out.

At least I think the monitor feature show's this.

Dan

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content