Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CME4.0 Manipulate outbound number for caller-ID??

I have a CME system with all FXO trunks for inbound and outbound calls. I use some of the lines/numbers strictly for outbound calls only. Of course these outbound lines have their own telphone number that shows up on caller-id when a call is made outbound from them. The problem is that the number that shows is in fact the telephone number of the outbound line. Is there any way to override this number and substitute the customer's main number for the numbers that appear in outbound calls?? I tinkered around with the caller-id command on the voice-port and the clid command on the dial-peer but was not able to replace the outbound called number with what I wanted. Maybe it's not possible??

Thanks in advance,

Tony

5 REPLIES

Re: CME4.0 Manipulate outbound number for caller-ID??

This might be something the telco could do, but you won't be able to manipulate digits on your side using FXO. Depending on the number of lines you use, converting to PRI might be worth looking into.

Hi Tony,

I don't know if this works on an FXO port, but you could try translation rules.

The code below caputures the last two digits of the calling number and converts them to a full number. You could use this to convert from your first number to the second number.

Just check that it is applied to the correct Dial Peer for your outbound traffic.

Mark

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^16/ /123425216/

voice translation-profile outbound_cli

translate calling 1

Dial-peer 10 voice

translation-profile outgoing outbound_cli

Mark,

First, thanks for taking the time to respond.

I plugged your code into my router

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^21/ /12084943802/ "where the real outbound number ends in 21 and I wanted to translate that to 12084943802.

I then made sure I bound it to the correct dial-peers but it did not help. The caller-id still came with the real number 2084946721 ??

The only thing I can think at this point is that it's a Telco thing, that is, any call coming from the original number gets tagged with that number in the calling caller-id. What's really weird is I can't believe that I'm the only guy asking about this on-line?? People must run into this everyday!! So that might mean I am on the wrong track thinking I can change a calling number being advertised in calling caller-id with translation rules. If you have any other ideas please let me know. Otherwise have a great Labor Day.

Tony

Cisco Employee

I have probably something similiar happening. I have all my outbound calls going over a SIP trunk to an Internet provider and I have 3 internal extension numbers. When I use any of them to call outbound the real number on the PSTN is not what shows up in the CID of the phone I am calling. I have also messed with the translation rules to try and fix this on the outbound dial-peer, but nothing seems to work.

Hi Guys,

I have had a similar thing in the past. I had the reverse siutation that you have, which is that all phone calls outbound were being received with the base ISDN number.

I thought I was sending the CLI correctly, but it turns out that in this case (with Telstra) they wanted the number without the leading 0. I used a translation to strip that leading zero and it worked.

You might want to check what format they expect to receive your numbers, so you are presenting the right format.

You might want to check this link for anything useful:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios123/123tcr/123tvr/vrht_c4.htm#wp1058921

It would be worth doing a 'debug voip dialpeer' and maybe a 'debug voip ccapi' to see if anything jumps out at you,

Regards,

Mark

Views
Helpful
Replies