Views
Helpful
Replies

Codec convertor

dhcchan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

May I ask that is there any tool which can convert G729 format file to G711 format and vice versa? If there exists such a tool, would u pls tell me where I can download it.

many thanks

David

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is a tool to convert voice names and greetings from 711 to 729a or the other way around, but there is no tool to convert standing voice mail messages in user's inboxes, at least at this point.

The SetWavFormat tool can be downloaded from the Unity utilities page on CCO or off of AnswerMonkey.net at:

http://www.answermonkey.net/App_SetWAVFormat.htm

Hi,

Can that tool be executed on Win2000 Prof. instead of Unity server?

many thanks

David

No, this tool is specifically designed to be run on a Unity server to update voice names and greetings of subscribers and call handlers... it talks with SQL and Active Directory (to force the updated voice name recordings into the directory) and the like... it's not a stand alone codec converter tool. It uses the WAV drivers installed with Unity under the MIU component to actually do the conversion.

If you're just looking for a tool to convert any old WAV file from 729a to 711 or back I'd check out the licensed version of CoolEdit... I think it'll do what you want.