cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Codec

shouyisun
Level 1
Level 1

My CCM region is purely G.711, and in the dialpeer statement on GW I still use default codec G.729. But I still find IP phone can answer the call from PSTN. How did GW take care of this? Even the codec doesn't match.

2 Replies 2

robrhodes
Level 3
Level 3

You have no explicit g.711 or voice class codec commands?

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

You need to look at the phone call when it is established to determine what is taking priority the region or the gateway. I suspect the gateway as it is generating the call and declaring the capability.

The ip phones can use g.729 anyway regardless of the region setting so my guess is that if you establish a call (inbound from pstn) then press the i button twice it will report a g.729 codec. however if you make a call between phones it will report a g.711 codec as dictated by the region.

If yu want inbound PSTN to be g.711 then you need to build a voice class with g.711 as the prefered codec then assign the voice class to the inbound dial peer statement.

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: