Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Command to Verify Which Dial-Peer is matched

A few weeks ago while troubleshooting a CME setup, I used an IOS command that showed in detail which dial-peers were matched by a dialed string. This was a very useful tool, since it revealed that there were conflicting dial-peers very quickly. I'm now troubleshooting an H.323 router being used with CCM and can't find or remember that command.

It's not 'CSIM START string' since that simply places a call.

It's not 'SHOW DIAL-PEER VOICE tag' or 'Summary' since they display what is configured on the tag or all dial-peers.

The command I used had the actual dialed number you were testing in it.

Thanks

6 REPLIES

Re: Command to Verify Which Dial-Peer is matched

Use the "show call active voice" command.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Nah, the 'show call active voice' shows me which calls are actually up on the gateway.

I'm looking for a command that, given a dial string, will show which dial-peers match that string.

Thanks

Silver

show dialplan number

You need to run the debug command.

debug voip dialpeer all

show call act voice brief, show call hist voice brief do show what dial-peers (pid:#) are being used for each leg of the call. It's on the first line of each leg, look for pid: - the number to right of colon is the dial-peer #.

Hi, I think you will find the command 'show voice call status' a good command to use as this will show the called number as well as the matched inbound and outbound dialpeers. I find this command very useful when troubleshooting Dialpeer configuration.

regards,

Steve

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content