Views
Helpful
Replies

Commands in AvAnalog.AVD file

dougal.holmes
Level 1
Level 1

G'Day all

I finalising the integration between a Unity 2.4.6 (161) servers and a Siemens Hicom300H switch. It's all working pretty well, and now I'm looking at some more advanced features.

One of the things I would like to do is when an employee calls the Unity System on the Hunt Group head line from outside the building is to have Unity bypass the 'opening greeting' and go straight to the subscriber login prompts ("Please enter your mailbox number"). I've found a way for the Siemens to send a different DTMF sequence when external calls are direct to the Unity Hunt group head line, but I cannot find in the AvAnalog.AVD file much documentation on what commands are acceptable.

Could I use the DIRECT command, even though no extension number is provided for external calls (you get the trunk group number, which is not much use for anything I can think of !). Or are the other undocumented commands such as RECORD, DAYMODE, NIGHTMODE, ANI which are in the file version I have, but are not described in the text at the top of the file. And what does the TRUNK command do ?

Dougal Holmes

Australia

4 Replies 4

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ahhh...Integrations....

The DIRECT keyword won't do to much without a calling party ID. DAYMODE and NIGHTMODE aren't going to do too much for you either. They do something (prevent integration confusion), but only if you're behind an old Lucent key system.

The TRUNK keyword is used only for call routing. You could create routing rules based off of a given gathered trunk ID. So if you have a unique DTMF packet "signature" that is sent when these external callers call, you could have Unity's analog integration parse out the trunk ID. That trunk ID (or trunk IDs) could be applied to a call routing rule that will eventually get those callers to the "Please enter your mailbox number" prompt. The trick will be to only get that rule to apply for these specific callers and not other external callers that are not subscribers.

In short, I think the TRUNK is what stands to actually make something like this work. AND, on another note, if you've ever heard of the "Unity Book" that's being written by Jeff and some others here...well, there will be a section(written by some guy I know) describing the guts of the integration parsers (serial and analog), and their corresponding configuration files.

Thanks for the suggestion. Is there anyway to force the TRUNK variable to a specific string, or can I only pick up digits from the DTMF string ?

And when do you think the "Unity Book" may become available ?

Probably not until late spring or summer...

Keith

On the first question, there's really no way to force the TRUNK variable to something other than what will come in the DTMF packets.