Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Common device configuration precedent

If I assign to a phone a common device configuration which has a softkey template set in it, then also  set a softkey template on the phone's config page, which takes precedent? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

The one on the device.

The one on the device.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Silver

It's been a couple of weeks,

It's been a couple of weeks, so I'm sure you've figured it out by now, but the more granular/specific point at which a setting is made overrides anything higher up as a general rule. There are things like CSS which have their own rules, but generally a more specific setting trumps a higher setting.

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

The one on the device.

The one on the device.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

Thanks for the quick response

Thanks for the quick response, Jaime.  Just so I'm clear, you're saying the softkey template I assign to the device would trump the softkey template assigned to the common device config that's also assigned to the same device?

Silver

It's been a couple of weeks,

It's been a couple of weeks, so I'm sure you've figured it out by now, but the more granular/specific point at which a setting is made overrides anything higher up as a general rule. There are things like CSS which have their own rules, but generally a more specific setting trumps a higher setting.

Thanks, Jaime and Will. 

Thanks, Jaime and Will.  Apologies for my late reply.

Views
Helpful
Replies