cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Comms Manager 6.0 Business Ed -- Initial 50 DLUs only temporary?

olighec
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Sorry to keep burdening the forum with these questions, but I have found very little information regarding this in the documentation, and hopefully it will help others who are searching for the same thing in the future.

I have recently installed a CUCM6.0-BE system and have started adding phones and populating user data. The system came with 50 DLUs initially and I have now added enough phones that we need more than 50 DLUs, so I registered the rest of the DLUs we purchased (we purchased 2 10-PAKs) and uploaded them to the Callmanager server.

Unfortunately, when I uploaded the license files, instead of going from 50 DLUs to 70 DLUs, it went down to 20 DLUs.

Were the 50 DLUs that initially came with the server only supposed to be temporary?

Also, since I have Callmanager Express user licenses that I will no longer need (some are in the form of CP-79xx-CH1 phone bundles and others were purchased seperately as SW-CCME- ), how can I convert those into CCM5.x/6.x DLUs? I sent a message to licensing@cisco.com yesterday with the MAC address of the publisher and a question about what information they need to convert CCME licenses, but I just got a canned response stating that there wasn't enough information to go on.

What information do I need? Just the MAC of the publisher and number of DLU's requested (how do they verify that we really own that many licenses in that case?), or do I need to send serial numbers or MAC addresses of licensed phones as well?

Thanks,

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chris,

No worries here, I think we all feel your pain :)

Yes, the 50 DLU's are only temporary;

1) CUCM6-BE base package includes 7828 server, software and the first 50 seats. Each seat includes a CUCM user and a VM box. These are permanent licenses.

In addition to the seats, CUCMBE also has 50 device license units pre-populated for initial installation and configuration. DLUs should not be confused with the 50 seats that are included in the base package.*** The 50 device licenses are not cumulative. They will be removed from the system when purchased device licenses are uploaded on the system.

For the CME License Migration, here is Cisco's own Licensing documentation;

Q. I have a Cisco Unified CallManager Express (CME) customer who wishes to upgrade to Cisco Unified CallManager 5.1. What steps do I need to follow to ensure the licensing transfers?

A. Do the following:

1. Determine how many and what type of devices are on the customer's Cisco Unified CME.

2. Enter the quantity of each device in the "yellow" cell in the Cisco Unified CallManager Device License Unit Calculator pasted at the end of this document. (this of course does not actually exist anymore)

3. Contact licensing@cisco.com with the MAC address of the publisher and the number of device license units calculated in step 2. The customer does not need a node license-it comes with the new Cisco Unified CallManager.

From this excellent licensing doc;

Cisco Unified CallManager Licensing

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_qanda_item0900aecd805a7062.shtml

It looks like some Proof of Purchase is probably required. Maybe try including your Customer name,address, contact Phone number and any purchase documentation.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Chris,

1) CUCM6-BE base package includes 7828 server, software and the first 50 seats. Each seat includes a CUCM user and a VM box. These are permanent licenses.

In addition to the seats, CUCMBE also has 50 device license units pre-populated for initial installation and configuration. DLUs should not be confused with the 50 seats that are included in the base package.*** The 50 device licenses are not cumulative. They will be removed from the system when purchased device licenses are uploaded on the system.

Q. I have a Cisco Unified CallManager Express (CME) customer who wishes to upgrade to Cisco Unified CallManager 5.1. What steps do I need to follow to ensure the licensing transfers?

A. Do the following:

1. Determine how many and what type of devices are on the customer's Cisco Unified CME.

2. Enter the quantity of each device in the "yellow" cell in the Cisco Unified CallManager Device License Unit Calculator pasted at the end of this document. (this of course does not actually exist anymore)

3. Contact licensing@cisco.com with the MAC address of the publisher and the number of device license units calculated in step 2. The customer does not need a node license-it comes with the new Cisco Unified CallManager.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_qanda_item0900aecd805a7062.shtml

It looks like some Proof of Purchase is probably required. Maybe try including your Customer name,address, contact Phone number and any purchase documentation.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chris,

A. Do the following:

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Chris,

A. Do the following:

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Thank you! You sir, are a veritable fountain of good information.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: