Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Communication between Gatekeeper

Ive got a problem integrating VoIP networks.

We have a current customer that has three VoIP networks.Each one with a

different service provider.

The problem is that this company does not have separate dial plans for each network.There is a unique dial plan. For example: a voice port in

network 1 has nbr 55111 and another voice port in network 2 has nbr 55112.

Each network has its own gatekeeper and its own gateways are obviously registering within its respective gatekeeper.

I was thinking in doing it using tech-prefix... For example having each gatekeeper registering gateways with a specific tech-prefix. For example: gateways located in network 1 register within their own gatekeeper with tech-prefix 1#, gateways located in network 2 register within their own gatekeeper with tech-prefix 2# and so on...

If yes, how shall we configure gatekeeper/gateways to handle these parameters?

Config samples are welcome...

2 REPLIES

Re: Communication between Gatekeeper

Since there has been no response to your post, it appears to be either too complex or too rare an issue for other forum members to assist you. If you don't get a suitable response to your post, you may wish to review our resources at the online Technical Assistance Center (http://www.cisco.com/tac) or speak with a TAC engineer. You can open a TAC case online at http://www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

Re: Communication between Gatekeeper

You can do this using different tech-prefix but I have some very detailed questions to ask about this setup. Based on this information there could be an easier way to do this with just gatekeeper to gatekeeper that could be better.

Feel free to contact me.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content