Helpful
Replies

Communication manager 6.1 seat license clarification

jachowda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am having a doubt in Communications Manager 6.1 and it is,

when we order for a communication manager ( 1 server), we get 5 ENHANCED seat licenses free of cost. I can upgrade the same to 5 PREMIUM seat licenses.

I want to kn0w, when we order for 2 communication managers, we get 10 ENHANCED licenses. Can we also upgrade those to 10 premium licenses. If yes, then what part codes shall i be using.

Also if i order for say 5 CM's, can i upgrade 25 ENH free licenses to 25 PREMIUM licenses?

Please consider it and provide me an appropriate solution.

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

Hi,

you get the promotional softwares ONE in number for each UCM cluster.

Thus if you are ordering 5 callmanagers for one cluster you'll get only 5 seat CCE.

-> Sushil

Thanks a lot for your quick response Mr. Sushil,

Plz clarify as per the BoM i have taken 2 Communication Managers 6.1 & got 10 ENHANCED LICENSES.

In the excel file attached i have upgraded those to 10 PREMIUM seats. Do let me know, if this is the exact process which needs to be followed. Also in row 33 ( which i have highlighted in RED) needs to be doubled or the quantity should be kept as 1?

Hi,

If you refer to this link http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/voicesw/custcosw/ps5693/ps1846/product_promotion0900aecd804b594d.html

it states "One bundle is offered on a per-server basis for single-server Cisco Unified Communications Manager server deployments. One bundle is offered on a per-cluster basis for multiple-server Cisco Unified Communications Manager clusters"

Thus this being a single cluster deployment, you'll only get 5 seats. So you need to upgrade those 5 seats from enhanced to premium and then add 5 more seats.

Find attached the BoM required. Would suggest you to get it verified by your partner or cisco.

-> Sushil

Hi,

I am having one more query in this case.

when we order for CM, we get certain softwares which are free, like operation manager cd & 5 seat Enhanced licenses. Now, when we order two quantities of it, the free software too gets doubled.

My question is for ESW, do we need to take quantity 1 or quantity 2 for those free softwares. Customer would never wish to pay for additional 5 seat enhanced seat free licenses when he is not using it at all.

I have attached the BoM for your reference. i feel row 15 & 16 should be quantity 1 in the attached excel file. Please clarify..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: