cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

compand-type needed despite bearer capability

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In voice-port one needs to configure the correct companding type to avoid garbled audio on incoming calls.

Being the compand law already specified in the ISDN SETUP for incoming calls, I do not see the strict need to configure explicitely the compand-type to be A-law instead of default u-law, and think is a bug to have garbled audio in this case.

Does anyone recall such a request, I might have already raised the issue ages ago and do not remember the result.

2 Replies 2

msolak
Level 4
Level 4

hi,

when you use ISDN BRI Interfaces you have to change the compand type. In ISDN Q931/PRI interfaces the compand type will be configured automaticly. Normaly you have to adapt the compand type to the compand type of your country setting. as in europe you have to use a-law, in usa or japan u-law.

regards

mehmet

memet, thank your reply, my point exactly was that to correctly process incoming calls, compand configuration should not be necessary because the type is specified in the signalling.

A minor usage point that could be improved.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: