Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Company Logo on Idle Phone- ANSWER

I am so tired of seeing this popup over and over- here are the directions

1. Convert your logo to a CIP image

2. Create a simple xml page containg the CIP image, using the CiscoIPPhoneImage XML object- like below-

3. Save the file as idle.asp or whatever you like. Put it on a webserver (can be CM) Create a url for it http://<ipaddress>/idle/idle.asp

4. Configure the idle url (from above) in enterprise parameters or at each individual phone

If you need info on the xml or cip images, download the ip service SDK here- (cco login required)

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/dev_support/access_level/products.cgi?product=IP_PHONE_SERV

Or just buy the book Developing Cisco IP phone Services from ciscopress here-

http://www.ciscopress.com/catalog/product.asp?product_id={C44DC455-B95D-421D-BF88-16C4A61CC6C9}

(the book even comes with a call manager simulator for testing services on a real phone without CM)

Example-----

<%@ Language=JavaScript %>

<% "

var serverIP;

serverIP = Request.ServerVariables("LOCAL_ADDR");

Response.ContentType = "text/xml";

Response.Buffer = true;

Response.Write("<CiscoIPPhoneImage>\r\n<LocationX>-1</LocationX>\r\n<LocationY>-1</LocationY>\r\n<Width>133</Width>\r\n<Height>64</Height>\r\n<Depth>2</Depth>\r\n<Data>CIP IMAGE DATA</Data>\r\n<Prompt>Cisco Corporate Logo</Prompt></CiscoIPPhoneImage>\r\n");

Response.Flush();

%>

23 REPLIES

Re: Company Logo on Idle Phone- ANSWER

First off, with the volume of replies to one of the last post on this topic(218 replies), someone at cisco should update the FAQ with the Services SDK to note that the Idle url cannot point directly to a .cip image. For someone who doesn't do html/asp/js/etc programming, it was counterintuitive for me to need to pull the data out of the .cip file and provide it to the phone using an .asp page. The Services SDK is what piqued my interest about the Idle setting in the first place, but it only got me as far as the .cip image conversion, not the use of asp to deliver it.

Cisco Employee

I would caution against serving any "custom" pages off a production CallManager server. If they work everything is fine. If they cause IIS grief then they affect your telephony system. It's best to use a separate web server.

I still doesn't work:

- Do I have to put the cip-file name on the place where is now: CIP IMAGE DATA?

- Do I have to fill in a ip-adress where now is LOCAL_ADDR?

Thanx,

Rob Wind

Bronze

In the code above, if you open the file that you create using the gif2cip.exe utility with a text editor, you will see the data that begins after . That is the data you put where he put CIP IMAGE DATA.

You do not need to hard code in the LOCAL_ADDR.

On a side note, you note need to do this asp. If you run the gif2cip.exe it will create an XML file, you can use this instead with no modifications.

Rick

IIt is probably a tiny thing, but I can't fix it.

- I convert a gif-file to a cip-file

- I copy the characters from this CIP file between and to the asp file (also between the DATA)

- I make an url to this location

- Still doens't work

???

PS RIck I didn't understand your last remark about the XML-file.

asp-file:

<%@ Language=JavaScript %>

<%

var serverIP;

serverIP = Request.ServerVariables("LOCAL_ADDR");

Response.Buffer = true;

Response.Write("\r\n-1\r\n-

1\r\n133\r\n64\r\n2\r\n000000000000000... etcetera ...

\r\nCisco Corporate Logo\r\n");

Response.Flush();

%>

Rob

Bronze

If you open the file that gets created when you run gif2cip.exe, it is actually an XML file (text). You can simply put this in the root of your web server and point to it instead of dealing with the .asp page above.

BTW, the file also contains the size of your image between the and parameters. You might verify that you have the correct parameters in your .asp page if you choose to use it.

Rick

Thanx, it works,

Rob

Anonymous
N/A

You can just rename your image from imagename.cip to imagename.xml and it will all work fine...

Hi I need your help, I do everything that you tell in this issue but my logo never appear Can somebody help me with this ??

Regards

Bronze

Alternate method:

1. Convert your company's logo (max of 131 by 65) to a cip image by using the gif2cip.exe file found in the SDK (http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/dev_support/access_level/products.cgi?product=IP_PHONE_SERV#software)

2. The format for that command is gif2cip

3. The new file is an xml file.

4. Put that file in the root of your web server.

5. Point the idle url in CallManager to http://

/

6. Change the idle timer.

7. Save

8. Reboot phone.

Rick

Hi I have already done this, with the gif2cip tool I generate a file logo.asp, the I put in my server and in the callmanager I put the location in the IDLE URL, but I don't know what number to put in IDLE time, wnen I change the value to 1 online a line appear, If I generate a .cip file I can view with the cisco image view.. Thanks for your attention, Regards

Check the size of your image:

I think the max is Width=107 and Height=65.

Hi Rick,

May I ask a question? Can I know what is the path for the root that you mentioned in the step 4? Thanks.

Regards

oay

Every logo I try looks like hell. Would someone mind emailing me their CIP file for me to see how well it looks?

Thanks!

fc

Greg -

Many thanks for your Oct 10, 2002 posting - the only real answer on the "Company Logo on IP Phone" thread that I've seen yet. As a non-developer, your link may be telling me why my attempts at following Cisco's instructions don't work. One thing I'm a bit confused about however -

What do the instructions you've carefully provided perform differently from the instructions Cisco posted at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps2156/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00800d6a6d.html#28551 in the Parameter section titled

logo_url

which is an Optional parameter and which it goes on to state.

"Location of the company logo file. This logo appears on the phone display. The background space allocated for the image is 90 x 56 pixels. Images that are larger than this will automatically be scaled down to 90 x 56 pixels. The recommended file size for the image is 5 to 15k. For example, use logo_url: "http://10.10.10.10/companylogo.bmp".

Note This parameter supports Windows 256 color bitmap format only. CMXML PhoneImage objects are not supported for this parameter. Using anything other than a Windows bitmap (.bmp) file can cause unpredictable results."

Is this a different "logo" on the phone, possibly the small name in the upper right corner of the screen when the phone is idle?

All the best,

F C Wood

fc@wood.org

832.521.9408 Vonage SIP Phone

713.203.9258 Personal Phone

I have read through all the messages dealing with this to see if I am missing anything, but I'm not. I created my cip, opened it in a text editor, copied the xml out to an asp file just like the example is. When the phone goes to the idle screen, no image appears, but my prompt and softkeys display correctly. I even tried copying the cisco logo out of the SDK just to see if it would display and still no image. Are there any kind of CallManager settings that keeps images from displaying or anything else that might be causing this?

My guess is you are using CCM 3.3.

The phone loads for CCM 3.3 have a bug that doesn't display the image unless it refreshes. I put in a redirect after 1 second to another filename, which is the same file as the first without the refresh.

This then shows the logo. This is only neccessary on 3.3 and above.

Paul

Paul,

Could you please explain how to put the "redirect" in ? Does this go in to the .asp file ?

Regards

Kelvin

Hello, i followed the instructions for conversions e.t.c. and the .asp file looks like:

<%@Language=JavaScript%>

<%"

var serverIP;

serverIP=Request.ServerVariables("LOCAL_ADDR");

Response.Buffer=true;

Response.Write("CiscoIPPhoneImage>\r\n-1\r\n-1\r\n68\r\n58\r\n2\r\n

\r\n

Cisco Corporate Logor\n");

Response.Flush();

%>

I put the idle url (.asp at CCMCIP directory) and 3 as the idle time at both the phone and at the Enterprise parameters.

Anybody for a clue?

Cheers

The question is that no logo appears (running 3.3(3))

Thanks

I had problems getting this to work running CM 3.3(2) - no logo displyed on 7940/7960 phones. This turned out to be caused by the phone load version. I was using P00303030202, so I upgraded to P00303030401 and now all works OK.

I have 3.3(3) with P00305000101 for 7960. The error message on 7960 shows:'error verifying config info'

Also in the network settings at the 7960 for the idle time says'0' although the call manager has been configured for '10' at the phone and at the enterprise parameters.

Any help

Thanks

where is this redirection point that somebody before has mentioned?

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content